Thursday, January 26, 2012

Long overdue for an update

Hey guys. Sorry this is so late! And, sorry there's no video. It has been a whirlwind of shit the last few days. I'm not only dealing with the gut rot known as gastritis. I'm now taking care of my sick mom and watching my grandma and dad while she rests. The bad news? I have been eating like complete shit the last few days. I had to have a milkshake one day because its the only thing that helps with the gastritis. If you have never had the pleasure of experiencing it let me try to explain it. You get a burning feeling in your upper abdomen that is similar to doing a million sit ups. And, once it get to the peak of burning and gnawing, you get really nauseous and begin to drool. It's the absolute pits. I have been trying really hard not to stress it, but today i gave in and ate McDonald's. But you know what, there's beauty in it. Tomorrow is a brand new day. Tomorrow, i wont eat like a complete pig. And, i wont gain all my weight back due to one horrible meal. There is no reason to beat myself up for slipping up once. I'm learning to trust myself to look back at my mistakes and tread on without dwelling on them. So yeah, I said fuck it and got fries. Tomorrow i will eat better and work out and all is forgiven.
Anyway. On to the weigh in. On Sunday i weighed 292.2. Which is a total loss of 12.9 lbs. Not too shabby. I cna already tell I'm already going to need to bump up my exercise. Phil sent me an invite to fitocracy. Here's my profile.



I just started this today...which is whhhhhy i have not done anythang.

So. Basically you work out for points. The more points you have, the higher level you get. You can do things like quests such as "do 3 sets of bench-presses this week" and bam 10 extra points. If you want an invite leave me a comment with your email and I'll hook yo ass up!

Oooo i almost forgot. I made THE best pastaless spaghetti. It was seriously better than what i would make with the pasta and here's the recipe for you!

-1 spaghetti squash, cooked and (i really don't know how to describe the process of removing the pasta like strands so i'll call it:) forked out.
-1 package chicken Italian sausage
-1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce or homemade (i used a roasted garlic tomato sauce mmm)
-1 cup mushrooms
-1 can olives
-1 large zucchini diced
-1/2 onion chopped
-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
-2 tbsp olive oil

First things first. You gotta cook your spaghetti squash. I cut mine in half, a daunting task considering it had the dexterity of a pumpkin (and kinda smelled like one too). Then i placed it in a glass baking dish and filled the bottom with water. I seasoned it with garlic salt and pepper and popped that baby into a 350 degree oven and let it do it's magic. I didn't time it i just kept checking on it to make sure it wasn't burning. I would say it took probably and hour to get the cooking done.
While my big ass squash was in the oven i started my sauce. I took the two tbsp of olive oil and sauteed my half an onion and garlic for a few minutes before i put my chicken in. I took the skin off and cooked it crumble style, but i bet it would be delicious any way you do it (meatball style, slices, whole whatever your mind takes you) Once the chicken is fully cooked add all ur veggies and tomato sauce and simmer until the squash is done! At around 6 points for a cup and a half it's super filling and really good for you.

That's it for now. And here are the weekly pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment