Thursday, January 5, 2012

Date Night


So today, I got to battle a tough predicament for any dieter... DATE NIGHT muahahah. Or more aptly titled “eating out at a restaurant and feeling full without pigging out.” Our friends Stef and Chris got us a gift card to Applebee’s for Christmas, and let me tell you, that place is something. Everything is smothered in cheese, fried or prepared in some other way that make the calories triple for no good reason.  Even the salads are drenched in calorie laden creamy dressings. The vinaigrette (which is usually the only weight friendly dressing choice in restaurants) had freakin’ bacon in it. And, don’t get me wrong, I would be all over that shit if I wasn’t trying to lose a model and a half’s worth of fat. After carefully looking over the menu I decided on the garlic sirloin, with mushrooms, spinach and I substituted the herb potatoes for broccoli. You guys do know that most restaurants will substitute starchy veggies with little to no nutritional value for yummy colorful veggies with practically no calories and full of good for you stuff, right? Yeah me neither because I never tried before tonight! So let’s add this up: 7 oz. garlic marinated sirloin steak, sautéed mushrooms with spinach and steamed broccoli (and tons of A1 steak sauce). Any one care to take a guess on what kind of punch to the stomach my diet got from this meal? Anyone? No….Okay fine I’ll tell you. 450. FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY measly, tiny, minuscule little calories! That’s it! That’s only 50 more calories than a liter bottle of Mountain Dew. And, despite me ordering medium rare and receiving a medium to medium-well done steak, it was pretty damn good! Another thing I wanted to talk about was water consumption. Probably one of the most important things about dieting. It keeps you full and gives you little bursts of exercise while running to the bathroom every 20 minutes. I personally drink 3-5 of these day boys a day:


That, my friend, is a 750 ml camelback adult sippy cup. And, it is the shit. It’s a little over 32 oz. and spill proof due to the fact you have to bite the straw to get anything out of it. But plain water can be boring. That’s why I use this:


Mio. Mio is basically if god pissed in a bottle. Its water enhancer with 0 sugar and 0 calories. My favorite is the berry pomegranate flavor. Oh yeah, and they also make this:

Mio with mother fucking caffeine. Gone are the days of fatty, sugary energy drinks and expensive caloric Starbucks coffees for this girl. It’s pretty much a miracle.

A few more things. I don’t think I’m going to be posting pictures every day. For one, I was late to work this morning so I didn’t get a chance to take one. Secondly, I think the progress will be better seen doing it with my weekly weigh ins. Give me some feedback! Nao! Another thing, are my daily food logs interesting? Would you guys rather just have recipes? Let me know! And thank you for taking the time out to read this. I really appreciate all the nice things I’ve been hearing from you. And look for weekly weigh in videos. Next weigh in is on Sunday.

Oh by the way, I’ve lost 5 pounds so far! Only 115 to go!

4 comments:

  1. I love the blog & the recipes.. Keep it up girlie. also, I think your idea of doing weekly photos and weigh-ins is better. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you seriously are helping to motivate me..Maybe its the competitiveness in me haha..but either way im super proud of you..And i like the weekly pics and weigh in.And dont weigh yourself more than once a week!Also,keep the blogs.It keeps things interesting and people need to hear the struggles and relate not just see the end result.We should do a healthy dinner double date.Brian can fill up on bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Brooke pretty much wrote what I think as well.. I feel as if a weekly picture would show more result then trying to compare daily ones. I know it's a task in itself to take the time for pictures every day anyhow... I cannot wait to see the videos... I check your blog everyday, For one because it is interesting, funny, relative, and I get to know about you all the way over here. Keep up the good work.. Good JOB! And I cannot wait to see what you write next. Have a great FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss! I hope you're having a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete